Our body is a living entity. It is a complex biological system, not merely a physical object” – Mohan & Mohan
The past ten years leading to this moment right now, has been a weird paradox for us.
We have birthed and are still raising our respective children. We have quit careers that although looked amazing on the surface, made us feel only a fraction of who we wanted to be. We have immersed ourselves in health and wellbeing education and coaching, driven to make an impact.
Today, we meet you here, our reader, confident in our ideas on how you can be a woman of great health, ambition, fulfilment and balance.
At Own Your Health Collective, we are fascinated by health and wellbeing and are equally inspired by understanding how we can empower you to live your greatest life through nurturing your whole health. As women we naturally go through a series of pivotal life stages – starting menstruating, pregnancy, birthing our children, to awakening our innate passions to then being greeted with Peri-menopause on our way to our next profound life stage.
Although we know that we will ALL experience these life stages in some capacity, we do not always stop and really listen to what our body and mind needs. We experience a roller coaster of changes in our physical health, our mental health might ebb and flow and our overall wellbeing tends to take a back seat.
To support your health and make time for you, you might buy into the self care messages of a massage, a candlelit bath, a retreat, a facial, laughing or hugging, which are great short term energy boosters but not quite getting to the core of what you really need.
It has been an incredible few years of delving into what real health can be and look like whilst incorporating our passion for women’s health and empowering women to unapologetically look after themselves.
We have come to know and advocate that when a person is healthy in their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual self, they have increased capacity to contribute fully to a thriving and prosperous life. Through real, whole health you can empower yourself to make your health and wellbeing part of your daily existence unapologetically.
We are BIG believers that this is ABSOLUTELY an opportunity that awaits you. Quite simply, the secret glue which binds this dream is – YOU. And not just the you we see, the “whole you”. We refer to the “whole you” being physical, mental, spiritual and emotional and we know this because we are living proof.
And this is the five ways that we have nurtured our own self to a wholistic woman:
- Acknowledge thy self –The reason we are so confident about our thinking is because you set the rules. You define what your best self looks and feels like. In a busy, busy world it can be challenging to truly listen to your body and your mind and be open to what is possible. The added bonus for us women is we have a biological cycle that happens every month that enlightens us with opportunities to reconnect with our self, our intentions, our health. Unfortunately we may rarely give ourselves permission to stop and notice our monthly cycle. Give yourself the opportunity to be still and simply listen.
- Be your best physical self:There is a great correlation between your physical health, energy and vitality. Despite the many messages that tell us how we should move, what to eat and how to sleep, being your best physical self rests with you. Through movement, nutrition and good rest you will feel more energised, focused and confident in pursuing your best life. Again as a woman, the different phases of your monthly cycle allow you the opportunity to move, eat and rest your body depending on what phase you are in.
- We all have mental health:Mental Health is all about the mind. The greatest lesson you can take from here is that we all have mental health and we all need to nurture it. Mental health is about exercising the mind and connecting it with the rest of your body. You can sharpen your mental health through the power of learning, growth and development. It is an innate need as a human being to learn throughout life and through learning, we develop possibilities for change, new desires and a world of opportunity.
- Spiritual health isn’twoo woo: It is purely about nurturing the spiritual side of what makes you, you. Your values, your purpose, your passions, connecting with your intuition and following your gut. When you align yourself with your values, you make easier choices to how you want to live and show up. You feel more confident, energised and productive because you can be sure in yourself that you are living as you want to be.
- Emotional health is paramount:We have a biological need to belong. We want social support and to joyfully connect with other people. When you have positive connections with others, you release happy hormones into your bloodstream. This creates feelings of higher self esteem, greater self satisfaction, lower levels of stress and potentially a longer life. Through your emotional health you can be inspired to rise up to your greatest version and build those meaningful relationships that support your health as well as those around you.
READ THE FULL ARTICLE HERE